I stopped doing traditional ‘gift guides’ a few years back when I ran out of energy amidst an already chaotic time of year for me – but this post is one of my favorites, so it stays. I’m grateful to say I really don’t need anything this year.. I mean I already snagged Taylor Swift tickets for god sakes, what more could I want?! And because Adam and I booked a trip for ourselves (leaving the day after Christmas!) we won’t exchange anything more than a few tiny stocking stuffers. But the holidays are a fun time to make a wishlist anyway and so here are a few things I wouldn’t mind finding under my tree.
- Black Top Handle Bag: I have a black crossbody bag that has been an absolute workhouse for the past 7 years, but I like the idea of a slightly dressier black bag that could still work day or night. I have two other bags from NY-based sister owned brand Neely & Chloe and the quality is so nice. I have had my eye on this ladylike one next.
- Cashmere Socks: I’ve never tried cashmere socks but doesn’t it just sound like the sweetest little luxury?
- ‘Tout est Magique’ Print: I’d like to make a few updates to corners of the apartment in the coming months and this print (which translates from French to ‘everything is magic’) would be perfect to swap what I currently have in our kitchen.
- Clean Beauty Blush: I have had the same cream blush for yearrrsss and desperately need to replace it. I’ve heard rave reviews of this Merity Beauty option.
- Otherland Candle: I keep wanting to try this candle brand (they just opened a store downtown too) and I love the look of their new gilded collection for winter.
- Champagne Ornament: I always try to pick up an ornament that is symbolic of the year we’ve had and this sparkly bottle reminds me of a favorite moment from our trip to Paris in May, eating fancy desserts and drinking champagne in the Tuileries Garden.
- Plaid Smocked Dress: Part of our upcoming travels has a very cozy element and this dress seems like it would be perfect for cozying up by a fire with a warm drink.
- Muji Pens: It’s silly but these minimalist Japanese pens are the only ones I write with (0.5 tips or nothing). I’d happily take a 6 pack in my stocking.
- Running Sneakers: Probably the only thing on this list I do actually need is a replacement pair of running shoes. I’ve heard great things about Brooks brand and would love to try this pair.
- An American in Provence book: Photographer Jamie Beck left New York for a year in Provence… and never moved back. If you’re not familiar with photography it’s stunning and I’d love to hear more about her life in the south of France.
- Jewelry Travel Case: It’s sort of shocking that I don’t own a proper jewelry travel case but after losing a pair of earrings on our last trip I want to make sure I have one before our holiday travel.
- Hair Dryer: Another practical item, my old hair dryer is yearsss old and definitely not doing my hair any favors. I’d love to go to something more compact and higher tech like this one.
- Lucite Flower Earrings: I certainly don’t need more statement earrings but these Lucite flowers are like little works of art.. and with my employee discount I just might go for them as a gift to myself.
- Prescription Sunglasses: I bought a pair of prescription sunglasses this year and I’m not exaggerating when I say they changed my life. It’s the reason every photo you see of me I’m wearing them. Now that I know what a difference they make I want to get a second pair so I can change up the style a bit from time to time.
SHOP THE POST: