I try to be really strategic when it comes to Black Friday/Cyber Monday – because honestly (and I say this as someone who makes their full time living in Ecommerce) marketing surrounding these sales can really push you into buying things you don’t need just because they’re on sale. That being said – I use this as a time to pick up gifts and a handful of selects items that are either classic wardrobe staples or pieces that I otherwise wouldn’t want to pay full-price for (like a fun holiday skirt that I will only wear a handful of times).
Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and may the discounts be ever in your favor this weekend.
THE SALES I’M SHOPPING:
- Anthropologie: 30% Off Sitewide – We have tickets to the Nutcracker this year and I wanted to spring for something really twirl-worthy to wear. This bow skirt feels so special. Also love these festive dishes.
- Aerie: 10 for $35 Underwear – Black Friday is a great time to pick up the basics that you use and wear all year long. Case in point, underwear.
- Brooklyn Candle Studio: 20% Off – I love this New York based brand’s scents and want to grab this fireplace scent for our holiday mantle.
- J.Crew: 40% Off Sitewide – I’ve got my eye on this silky pajama set and these touch screen cashmere gloves.
- Reformation: 25% Off Sitewide – I love Reformation dresses, but try my best to wait for the couple of sales they have each year. I’ve had my eye on this Pretty Woman-esque polka dot one and this velvet one for a special holiday date night.
- Strand Bookstore: 30% Off Sitewide – I plan on getting a gift for my bookish best friend, and let’s be honest, probably one for me too.
- Talbots: 50% Off 1 Item + 40% Off Sitewide – I love these cashmere sweaters for layering – I’ve had this style in a couple of colors for 2-3 years and they still look brand new. Planning to pick up one in black or ivory.
FAVORITES I OWN, NOW ON SALE:
- I have a few nice wool overcoats for winter, but I needed another heavy duty puffer and this Lands End one is perfect for casual weekends. In fact, every time I’ve worn it so far I’ve been too warm – which is a good sign that it’s going to actually hold up to a New York winter. Their whole site is 50% off + free shipping.
- I just got this long cardigan (40% off right now) in and am swooning – I’m going to share two ways to wear it this weekend. But suffice to say it’s the new (slightly unexpected) standout of my holiday wardrobe. Plus – this velvet blazer, these jeans in a simple straight leg, and this cute plaid bag – are all wardrobe favorites of mine and they’re all 40% off too.
- This gold mirror (we have it in our room at the lake house) is nearly $100 off right now. It can be hung vertically or horizontally and I love that it is simple enough to fit with almost any decor.
- I shared the Sarah Flint Perfect Pumps in my last blog post and I truly can’t say enough good things about the quality, comfort and fit. They’re a definite ‘splurge’ – but when you factor in how often you’ll wear them and how long they’ll last, the cost per wear feels quite practical. My code SARAHFLINT-BASTEELE gets you $50 off 1 pair, $100 off 2 pairs, $150 off 3 pairs or (if you’re feeling wild) $200 off 4 pairs.
- This Grecian bust pot I bought last year is 30% off – it looks great on it’s own or filled with flowers.
- This plaid wrap dress I wore on Thanksgiving is an extra 25% off its sale price – along with all the rest of the discounted designer styles at The Outnet.
- My new favorite clean mascara is 20% off right now in the brand’s only sale of the year. I’m thinking of trying their brow gel too.