I joked on Instagram the other day that I’m in my hermit era.. but in reality I feel this way every year around this time. I haven’t shopped since before the holidays/our trip to London (my goal is to get through February! 2 whole months!), in fact I haven’t done much of anything this year besides go to work, read, work-out, repeat. That being said – my daydreams are making up for the lack of excitement in my current calendar. Below, what’s on my mind, on my bookshelf and in my cart as we kick off a new week.
ON MY MIND:
- I can’t quite wrap my mind around the level of devastation from the earthquakes in Syria and Turkey. Here’s an article that provides a good handful of resources for how to help.
- Are you waiting any good TV or movies lately? I want to finally watch Don’t Worry Darling and try Reese Witherspoon & Ashton Kutcher’s new rom-com on Amazon Prime.
- It will surprise absolutely no one that I’m itching for a quick warm weather getaway. Any suggestions for places that are a quick flight from New York, offer white sand and clear oceans and won’t blow my budget?
ON MY BOOKSHELF:
- I ready Ann Patchett’s collection of essays, These Precious Days, last month and I can’t stop thinking about them. Somehow both incredibly poignant while still being entirely approachable. It’s inspired me to dive more into her backlist – starting with her debut work, The Patron Saint of Liars.
- In a rare occurrence all 3 of my book clubs are reading new release fiction this month: Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, Roses in the Mouth of a Lion and They’re Going to Love You. I’m really looking forward to all three of them.
- I have to be in the right mood for audiobooks but recently listened to two rom-coms, The Ex Talk (4 stars from me) and Norah Goes Off Script (5 stars) and they were such a fun addition to my regular reading life.
IN MY CART:
- I’m doing my damnedest to get through February without shopping (January is already in the bag!). But when I do start up again I’ll be looking to thoughtfully add a few transition pieces to my wardrobe. This striped cardigan feels like it would fit the bill. And this slightly cropped option is cute too and would pair well with spring dresses in months to come.
- When bare leg weather arrives, I’d love to welcome it wearing this denim skirt and jacket set or this bright chartreuse gingham set. I’d pair them with socks and penny loafers.
- I know I’ve still got a few months, but how fun would this disco ball dress be for the Taylor Swift concert on my birthday in May?
- This woven leather shoulder bag looks way more expensive than it’s $139 price tag belies. A great transitional color too.
- I’m in need of some new pants for work after a subway door incident caused a slashed rip in my favorite black pair. I’m going to give this high waisted pair a try.
SHOP THE POST: