I stopped doing traditional gift guides a few years back – I just felt like I was adding noise to an already very crowded space – but I’ve been doing these (very much just for fun) personal holiday wishlist posts for the past 4 years and like the little tradition of them. As ever, I don’t need a single thing this holiday season. We had a big year and I’m looking forward to a cozy and fairly quiet holiday season. But in case I want to treat myself to a little year end gift, or if anyone our there is looking for a hint.. here’s what I wouldn’t hate finding under my tree.
SHOP THE POST:
- Pajama Set: I’m a long sleeves + shorts pajama set kind of girl, which can be tricky to find. While these are technically a holiday print, I think they definitely could be worn all winter and the print reminds me a bit of the fabrics I saw when visiting Petit Trianon last spring (Marie Antoinette’s famed getaway from the main palaces at Versailles).
- Croissant Ring: My Mom has had a “croissant ring” since I was little and I’ve always admired it. She surprised me with it as my “something borrowed” for my wedding/honeymoon and I took it to Paris. I’ve since returned it to her but would love my own to cherish.
- Clean Lipstick: After trying several new Merit Beauty products this fall I’m officially a devotee. I want to try their lipstick next in this orange-y red.
- Patent Mary Janes: From what is quickly becoming one of my favorite shoe brands – these patent leather mary-janes would go with so many things in my closet. They’ve sold-out multiple times so I’m currently on a waitlist, but when I can I’ll probably grab them. If you want to try the brand for yourself, code: thesteelemaiden15 gets you 15% off.
- Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy Book: I’ve been enthralled with the Kennedy family since I was about 13 years old and read plenty of biographies, but – aside from admiring her personal style – have never delved too much into Carolyn Bessette. This coffee table book with focus on her life through fashion feels like the perfect place to start.
- Crystal Hoops: I’m always on the lookout for earrings that can be dressed up or down and I love the look of these chubby little hoops with assorted crystals – they’re a steal too!
- Paris Mug: I started collecting these holiday travel mugs from Anthropologie a few years ago and wanted to pick up this Paris one this year to remind me of our honeymoon – when lo and behold, a dear old friend surprised me with it in the mail! Christmas serendipity!
- Depuffing Mask: I have heard multiple internet beauty gurus declare their love for this depuffing mask from Clairins and I’m feeling compelled to try for days when we might take photos or for the occasional late nights that are followed by early mornings.
- Bucket Bag: I’ve long admired Mansur Gavriel’s “quiet luxury” take on handbags and these mini bucket bags feel especially timeless to me. The olive green is on sale and feels like it would match with lots in my winter wardrobe.
- Mixed Plaid Vest: I’m really trying to save my pennies lately and resist most new fashion purchases, but if I do splurge on one item for myself before the end of the year it will likely be this mixed plaid vest which I think I’d end up wearing a million ways.
- Just Married Ornament: I admittedly already bought this for Adam as a stocking stuffer, but then it arrived and I couldn’t wait – so I gave it to him tonight so it could be the first ornament on our tree this year! Would make a cute gift for a fellow newlywed in your life.
- Ritz Paris Baseball Cap: This hat is sort of a splurge as far as baseball caps go, but doesn’t it just scream Princess Diana with an oversized sweatshirt and sneakers running errands on the weekends? So chic. Plus the Ritz holds a pretty special place in my heart after visiting Bar Hemingway there on our past two trips to Paris.
- Metal Rim Prescription Sunglasses: This will seem painfully obvious to glasses-wearers but I got a pair of prescription sunglasses a few years ago and they changed my life. I’m never outside without them – which is why you seen them in.. all of my photos. I can’t see distance without them. I’d love to get another pair to add to the rotation this year.
- Cream Eyeshadow Crayons: These look fun for adding a little color and shine to eyes. Am I becoming a make-up girly now? I don’t know. But these seem impossible to mess up.
- Carry-On Duffel: I desperately need a new overnight duffel bag/carry-on personal item. This sizing looks just right and I had a back-up from this brand that I wore to shreds over the course of about 6 years, so I know the quality will last.