Black Friday is a funny thing once you’ve seen behind the curtain of Ecommerce so to speak – it’s hard for me to shop a sale or visit a website without thinking of the team behind it. Spoiler: they’re working today. For most people this is a fun, long holiday weekend where they can get great discounts. For me, it’s my highest pressure work week of the year. My team and I (and we’re a small one, like a lot of Ecomm departments) will monitor/maintain our website for every waking hour until Cyber Monday. I made website changes at 7AM and have more to make at midnight tonight (it’s best to make major changes when traffic is low so you have to do it in “off” hours). This isn’t a complaint – many industries have busy seasons and it’s really energizing for my team to hit big goals and see months of our prep work pay-off. But more so to say, there’s a lot of work that goes into those fun sales – so be extra kind to customer service people this time of year and please be patient with your order shipping times. We’re doing our best.
With that, I’m sharing the best sales I’ve seen and exactly what I’m shopping or what I already own and love that might be of interest. As always, I so appreciate the support of those who shop through my links – it’s no extra cost to you but I receive a small affiliate commission – which helps me share more here! Enjoy the weekend friends.
THE SALES I’M SHOPPING:
- Anthropologie: 30% Off Sitewide – I always pick up a few small gifts during their Black Friday Sale – I just grabbed this frame and am going to add a photo from our wedding day as a gift for Adam.
- Reformation: 25% Off Sitewide – My go to for spot for dresses, I’ve got this long sleeve tweed number in my cart.
- J.Crew: Up to 50% Off Everything – I have wanted to replace an old grey wool coat I had for years and haven’t been able to find the right thing. I’m eyeing this one and also, just for fun, this plaid strapless top.
- Talbots: 50% Off 1 Item, 40% Off Everything Else – Their best sale of the year. I just got this plaid taffeta skirt and this cute fair isle cardigan.
- Banana Republic: 40% Off Your Purchase – I grabbed these high waist, wide leg pintuck jeans and wore them yesterday, love them so far! They feel elevated and will work great with everything from a blazer for work to the aforementioned plaid strapless top for festive cocktails this season.
- The Outnet: Extra 25% Off Sitewide – I’ve been eyeing this houndstooth Rebecca Vallance dress for ages and the extra discount has me tempted to snap it up!
SHOP MY TOP PICKS:
FAVORITES I OWN, NOW ON SALE:
- I’ve been singing the praises of these wide leg trousers (shown in these pictures) to literally anyone that will listen – grab them for 50% off today and thank me later.
- I wear these small hoop earrings at least twice a week – they’re 30% off right now and would make a great gift.
- I’ve been burning this Votivo ‘Joie de Noel’ candle (lavender, cinnamon and patchouli) constantly. Starting this weekend I’ll break out the Sequoia Fir! All on sale.
- My favorite jeans are 25% off right now (just under $115) – they have 0 stretch and a high waisted fit – take your regular waist size and then break them in to fit like a glove. I’m going to pick them up in another wash.
- I’ve had a polaroid mini for about 5 years now and take it on all of our trips. So fun to have an instant souvenir photo in this digital world. We bought this one for guests to use at our wedding too. It makes a great gift!
- I restocked my make-up bag before the wedding and Merit, my favorite clean beauty brands, is 20% off right now – I love their mascara, concealer, cream blush and highlighter.
- I bought these ankle boots before our honeymoon (20% off right now) and walked for a full day in Paris.. in brand new shoes.. on cobblestone.. and my feet were totally fine. I have 3 pairs from Inez now and they are all equally classic (yet feel modern and fashion-y), well-made and comfortable.
- I own this classic cashmere sweater in about 4 colors already. They hold up so well and look great with everything. Size down if you want a more tailored/fitted look or take your regular size and it will have a little bit of drape/slouch to it. 40-50% off this weekend!
- I’ve had my Sarah Flint black suede ‘Perfect Pumps’ for 3 years now and they still look brand new. They’re an investment but so timeless and truly the most comfortable stiletto I’ve ever worn. 30% off sitewide this weekend which is I think the best discount I’ve seen from them.
- Completely frivolous but I bought this feather bag last year and it makes every holiday party more fun.
- I got this long, classic camel coat on Black Friday last year and it’s back this year, 25% off again. I love that it goes easily from day to night and looks great with jeans or with dresses.
- A few of my wear to work favorites are all 40% off at French Connection right now: this faux leather midi skirt, this bright tweed skirt and jacket set and this vest mini dress – so chic and can all be mixed and matched lots of different ways.
- They seem specific but I’ve been wearing these silver mary janes quite a bit this fall and will be perfect for festivities this holiday season too. They’re 50% off today (just $60!).
- I bought this classic top handle bag last Black Friday and have carried it easily 100 times since then. It looks far more expensive than its $150 sale price today.
SHOP MY FAVORITES: