First thing first, I hope all of my US readers had a happy Thanksgiving and were able to relax and enjoy a warm meal with loved ones. Secondly, if Black Friday sales aren’t your thing feel free to skip this post.
In general, I’m not that huge of a Black Friday shopper as I think it can often lead to unnecessary purchases just because of a “deal”, but I certainly like saving money where I can. So I try to use this day to pick up select gifts and also stock up on any winter basics I need – like tights or cotton turtlenecks – that I know I’ll wear to shreds and can get for half price. And while I’m not in the market for any major home items this year, it’s a great time to pull the trigger if you are.
Below are my top picks from things I own and love that are now on sale and then a short list of the things I’m actually planning to buy myself.
- By this point you should all know that Talbots is one of my favorite places to find everything from classic wardrobe staples to fun accessories. You can save 50% off one item until noon on Black Friday and 40% off everything else. My holiday capsule wardrobe features lots of favorites from them – but my top picks are this plaid blazer, this fair isle sweater, these boots (I’m so in love with my pair), and this great wool boucle coat.
- We bought this rug from Lulu & Georgia for our living room a few months back and I’m still 100% happy with our choice. It’s 25% off right now and I can’t say enough good things about the quality and how it’s wearing so far.
- While we’re on home items – we found our new record player at Urban Outfitters and they’re offering buy one item, get one at 50% off. This would make such a great gift.
- You all seemed to love these corduroy overalls as much as I did when I wore them the other day (featured in my 5 Casual Winter Outfits post). Anthropologie has 30% off sitewide which would be a great time to pick up a few new fun pieces like those to freshen up your winter wardrobe. I’ll be stocking up on my favorite candles too – this one is our go-to holiday scent.
- I’ve always been a big fan of hair accessories, so I’m all for the resurgence of headbands right now. I just picked up several including this satin one and this plaid one from J.Crew – they’d make such cute gifts for girlfriends, sisters or co-workers. And since everything is 50% off their site right now, you likely won’t want to stop at just headbands.
- Mango has quickly become my go-to for affordable, more fashion-forward pieces. I loooove the look of this tweed blazer and miniskirt set and think I’m going to grab them during their 30% off sitewide sale.
- It’s been a long time since I’ve bought myself a piece of jewelry but I can’t stop thinking about this oversized pearl ring. At 20% off today I just might call myself Santa.