ON MY MIND:
- Taylor Swift’s Midnights album. That’s all. Okay, okay, not really but you all know I’m a Swiftie so this past weekend’s new album release was a real October highlight and it’s been on repeat ever since. Not surprisingly, I bought the vinyl.
- We’re hopinggg to book a trip between Christmas and New Years. I’ve never traveled during this stretch and while I know it will likely be a little hectic travel-wise, I’m excited at the thought of getting away for a few days after what is always a whirlwind couple of months for us both at work.
- On a more serious note, November elections are so soon – make sure you’ve checked your states cutoff dates to register (if you’re not already) and that you have a plan to get out and case your vote.
- Are you dressing up for Halloween? I’ll have to be pulling together something last minute at this point, but those are always the best anyway. I was Ruth Bader Ginsberg a couple of years ago and Midge Maisel (with Adam as Susie) from The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel the year before.
ON MY BOOKSHELF:
- I hate to admit that I’ve been in a little bit of a book rut lately. I keep picking things up, reading 10 pages and then just not feeling hooked. Alas, the last thing that I flew through was The Kiss Curse by Erin Sterling (the follow-up to last year’s The Ex Hex) – a very cute romcom of a book that’s like Practical Magic meets Gilmore Girls with a little extra heat thrown in.
- My book club is meeting this week to discuss Sirens & Muses by Antonia Angress, which I read earlier this month (pre-book rut) and really liked. A little bit art/academia, a little bit coming of age in New York City.
- I’m hoping to break the book rut curse with one of the following – all of which have been sitting in my TBR (to be read) pile for ages: Blonde by Joyce Carol Oates, Matrix by Lauren Groff or Crossroads by Jonathan Franzen.
IN MY CART:
- I’m unapologetically starting to feel excited about the promise of holiday dressing right around the corner – it’s just the most fun! I love how versatile (and comfortable) this velvet jumpsuit would be.
- I can’t stop thinking about this poodle sweater. It feels just kitschy enough, you know what I mean? I’d wear it with a kicky little mini skirt and tights for a mod look or jeans and mary jane heels.
- I’ll let you in on a little secret – these $15 tights last long and hold up better than any other pair I’ve ever worn. They’re semi-sheer with a great shaping (but not suffocating top). I’m stocking up as the weather turns cooler.
- I bought this 60’s inspired faux fur jacket before our Fall road trip the other week and while it’s only really been cool enough to wear it once – I’m still swooning over it. I just noticed that it’s 25% off right now too.
- I love the look and shape of these high waisted, wide leg corduroys. All of the colors are good but I think I’d get loads of wear out of the black and would be a nice alternative to jeans at the office.
- Just for fun this holiday season: These sheer opera gloves, this oversized rose party dress and these crystal strap heels. Not all together. Although.. maybe?
SHOP THE POST: