Whenever a new season comes along it can be easy to fall into the trap of running out and buying all the trendiest things – and sometimes trendier items like a bold poncho or bright skirt can be great because they make your wardrobe feel totally fresh. But never underestimate the power of keeping a good stock of season-less classics on hand. Case in point – this black pleated skirt, simple v-neck sweater, cashmere scarf and black pumps. They’re the pieces that I reach for again and again at the start of a busy day.
It’s official as of today.. Fall is here. And if you’ve never experienced it – take my word when I say that there is nothing quite like Autumn in New York City. To kick off one of my favorite times of year here, I teamed up with Talbots to share three places to visit in NYC this season plus my favorite pieces from their Fall collection!
Happy Birthday America! We’re spending the holiday weekend at the lake and until the rain has passed today I figured I’d share a quick round-up. So take a 5 minute escape.. then get back out there and celebrate with burgers/beers/beach/friends/family or any other way you want! Enjoy your Fourth of July friends and thanks for stopping by 🙂
– I shared a few ideas for Fourth of July style and I think this look (in almost head to toe ASOS) is by far my favorite. There’s a few sizes left in the striped off-the-shoulder top I’m wearing, but hurry because it’s now on sale!
– Need help packing the next time you take a weekend getaway? I’ve got beach and city carry-ons covered.
– Speaking of packing things up, I’ve been carrying this striped raffia tote everywhere since Spring and this weekend only, you can get one free if you spend over $350 at Elaine Turner!
– By this point you know how much I love Sole Society (my shoes & accessories go-to) and their Fourth of July sale includes lots of my current faves, like this oversized hat and these perfect ankle booties.
– Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale (that magic time of year when they put new FALL goods on sale for a limited time) starts in less than 2 weeks, but FYI if you’re a Rewards card member you can get first access starting this Thursday!
Keeping it short and sweet today because, well, it’s Friday (and apparently I’ve got my party pants on). Yesterday it was unexpectedly cold in the city yesterday so while I was forced to bundle up – nothing could stop me from wearing all the Spring colors at once.
Maybe it’s because last year at this time we were living in sunny Los Angeles, and it never really felt like Christmas to me there – but this year I’m practically giddy with the thought of it. I mean we’re only 5 days into December and so far I’ve worn some combination of plaid at least 4 of them (versions here and here). This go around I wanted to dress it up a bit and started with this little flippy hemmed plaid number. I like a long sleeved dress in the winter and this one is in a thick neoprene that really holds it’s shape. Paired it with these sheer bow tights (equal parts fun and flirty) and turquoise statement earrings (I like the idea of throwing a color into the mix that’s not traditionally thought of for ‘holiday’). Ready for a December date night. That hopefully involves lots of twinkly lights.