As I’m writing this I’m curled up by the fire at my parent’s house in PA. Which basically is the very coziest way to spend a Sunday. Another good way to spend the afternoon? Online shopping. There are some killer sales happening right now which is perfectly timed since the weather looks like we’ll be saying goodbye to bare legs and light jackets very soon. Below a few of my favorites..
Madewell – Extra 40% off sale items with code EXTRA40 – this cardigan (shown in photo 1) is a total steal and I’ve worn it at least once a week since picking it up and this plaid scarf would add a cozy touch to any outfit.
The interesting side effect of having a blog is that you also end up having a sort of visual diary of your life. A way to scroll back through nearly every week of my life for the past 3 years. I particularly like to do this at the end of each season to reminisce through where Adam and I went, and naturally, what I wore. Above are some of my favorites and original posts are linked left to right, below. And because another thing I like to do at the transition into a new season is shopping – I’ve included a few of my favorite Labor Day sales too. Hope you’re all having a fun long weekend!
Happy Friday! Another happy little note – Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale is now open to the public! Which – as a refresher – means you’re getting this Fall’s New Arrivals at major discounts (before prices go back up August 3rd). I already shared my shopping game plan for the sale here – but now that everyone can shop.. I’m back for round 2. This time, I’m focused on picking up the best of this season’s shoes and accessories – below my (admittedly extensive) wishlist:
I talk a good bit about sales around here, this one. This one is different. The thing about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is that it’s not last season, leftover goods. It’s brand new, Fall season plus designer items and seasonless classics that you’re hard pressed to otherwise find marked down. In short, this sale is major. Last year, I waited until the sale opened to the public (July 17) and some of my favorites were already sold out, so this year I am getting in on the Early Access (open to Nordstrom Card Holders – I have the debit version which means you only spend what you have #winwin). Below – my game plan to nailing the sale this time around plus hover over the images above to get the details directly. Happy Shopping!
1. Top Fall Trends: There’s going to be major Seventies vibes again next season, and I’m definitely on board. This little suede skirt will go with everything in my closet and my hat collection is begging for this new friend.
Happy Birthday America! We’re spending the holiday weekend at the lake and until the rain has passed today I figured I’d share a quick round-up. So take a 5 minute escape.. then get back out there and celebrate with burgers/beers/beach/friends/family or any other way you want! Enjoy your Fourth of July friends and thanks for stopping by 🙂
– I shared a few ideas for Fourth of July style and I think this look (in almost head to toe ASOS) is by far my favorite. There’s a few sizes left in the striped off-the-shoulder top I’m wearing, but hurry because it’s now on sale!
– Need help packing the next time you take a weekend getaway? I’ve got beach and city carry-ons covered.
– Speaking of packing things up, I’ve been carrying this striped raffia tote everywhere since Spring and this weekend only, you can get one free if you spend over $350 at Elaine Turner!
– By this point you know how much I love Sole Society (my shoes & accessories go-to) and their Fourth of July sale includes lots of my current faves, like this oversized hat and these perfect ankle booties.
– Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale (that magic time of year when they put new FALL goods on sale for a limited time) starts in less than 2 weeks, but FYI if you’re a Rewards card member you can get first access starting this Thursday!