Happy Sunday friends! I like to spend Sundays drawing inspiration for the next week ahead and this shade of blue (as seen in the Verdon Gorge, France) feels like the quintessential hue of Summer. A color that I’ll have to symbolically wave goodbye to soon. Ahead – a few things that are helping ease that particular summertime sadness… (more…)
We may not have backyards in NYC (well, unless you’re very lucky) – but what we do have are pretty amazing parks. Washington Square Park is just a short walk away from our apartment and in the Summer one of my favorite activities is packing a picnic, soaking up the sun and watching the city pass by. (more…)
One of the greatest perks of living in NYC is access to an ever-changing influx of new things to see and do. So when a friend told me about Heyday – a facial shop in the Flatiron District that would change my ‘anti-spa’ attitude.. I had to see for myself. One step into their minimal yet inviting doors and I was totally converted.
We’re at the point in the Summer when heat and humidity, long days in the sun, pool/ocean/lake dips all have started to wreak havoc on my skin and hair. Here, the products I’ll be using to get me through the rest of the season.
HAIR: If I’m drying naturally, this sea salt spray gives me beachy waves. If I’m blow-drying this smoothing cream fights frizz and softens dry ends. And either way, I use this detangler on the regular.
NAILS: Summer usually wreaks havoc on my mani/pedi but Essie polishes last longer than any other brand I’ve tried. And my real secret ingredient? This instant dry top coat. No scratches, dents or chips and it’s dry… instantly. I never paint my nails without it.
SKIN: First things first, skin protection. I just tried this mineral sunscreen for the first time and it feels like velvet. This serum is great for lightening up sun spots or other damage and this eye repair emulsion.. well I have no idea what that even means but it brightens, firms and reduces puffiness around the eyes. So I’ll just call it magic.
Happy Birthday America! We’re spending the holiday weekend at the lake and until the rain has passed today I figured I’d share a quick round-up. So take a 5 minute escape.. then get back out there and celebrate with burgers/beers/beach/friends/family or any other way you want! Enjoy your Fourth of July friends and thanks for stopping by 🙂
– I shared a few ideas for Fourth of July style and I think this look (in almost head to toe ASOS) is by far my favorite. There’s a few sizes left in the striped off-the-shoulder top I’m wearing, but hurry because it’s now on sale!
– Need help packing the next time you take a weekend getaway? I’ve got beach and city carry-ons covered.
– Speaking of packing things up, I’ve been carrying this striped raffia tote everywhere since Spring and this weekend only, you can get one free if you spend over $350 at Elaine Turner!
– By this point you know how much I love Sole Society (my shoes & accessories go-to) and their Fourth of July sale includes lots of my current faves, like this oversized hat and these perfect ankle booties.
– Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale (that magic time of year when they put new FALL goods on sale for a limited time) starts in less than 2 weeks, but FYI if you’re a Rewards card member you can get first access starting this Thursday!