We’re at the point in the Summer when heat and humidity, long days in the sun, pool/ocean/lake dips all have started to wreak havoc on my skin and hair. Here, the products I’ll be using to get me through the rest of the season.
HAIR: If I’m drying naturally, this sea salt spray gives me beachy waves. If I’m blow-drying this smoothing cream fights frizz and softens dry ends. And either way, I use this detangler on the regular.
NAILS: Summer usually wreaks havoc on my mani/pedi but Essie polishes last longer than any other brand I’ve tried. And my real secret ingredient? This instant dry top coat. No scratches, dents or chips and it’s dry… instantly. I never paint my nails without it.
SKIN: First things first, skin protection. I just tried this mineral sunscreen for the first time and it feels like velvet. This serum is great for lightening up sun spots or other damage and this eye repair emulsion.. well I have no idea what that even means but it brightens, firms and reduces puffiness around the eyes. So I’ll just call it magic.
Happy Birthday America! We’re spending the holiday weekend at the lake and until the rain has passed today I figured I’d share a quick round-up. So take a 5 minute escape.. then get back out there and celebrate with burgers/beers/beach/friends/family or any other way you want! Enjoy your Fourth of July friends and thanks for stopping by 🙂
– I shared a few ideas for Fourth of July style and I think this look (in almost head to toe ASOS) is by far my favorite. There’s a few sizes left in the striped off-the-shoulder top I’m wearing, but hurry because it’s now on sale!
– Need help packing the next time you take a weekend getaway? I’ve got beach and city carry-ons covered.
– Speaking of packing things up, I’ve been carrying this striped raffia tote everywhere since Spring and this weekend only, you can get one free if you spend over $350 at Elaine Turner!
– By this point you know how much I love Sole Society (my shoes & accessories go-to) and their Fourth of July sale includes lots of my current faves, like this oversized hat and these perfect ankle booties.
– Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale (that magic time of year when they put new FALL goods on sale for a limited time) starts in less than 2 weeks, but FYI if you’re a Rewards card member you can get first access starting this Thursday!
One of the things that I’ve been meaning to get around to this year is re-decorating our bedroom. With the lease signed for another year, the space has been begging for a bit of a fresh update. If you follow me on snapchat (thesteelemaiden) than you already know I picked up a light sage-y green paint for a statement wall, but for the rest I’ve been pulling from my Pinterest to get an idea of what I’d like to keep and what I’d like to update. Below, my current plans, and stay tuned as I share the results!
As we head into the Summer months (and ahem.. bathing suit season), I find myself traveling more and more. And it’s easy to let vacations or long weekends away throw you off your fitness game. Which is precisely why I never travel without my sneakers and a few key pieces of activewear. (more…)