The other week, I switched my closet from summer to fall and felt so excited to pull out some of my older favorites to re-wear again. While I always love adding new pieces to my wardrobe, it’s important for me to appreciate what I already have and not fall into the trap of needed all new things each season. Then last week I noticed a post from Meghan of Wit & Whimsy (a blog I always love reading) sharing what she was buying for Fall plus the pieces already in her closet that she was excited to break out again. I loved the idea so much that I knew I wanted to do a similar post. Below – the pieces that I’ll be re-wearing from season’s past (and how you can get the look) along with what I’ve bought for Fall so far.
WHAT I’VE BOUGHT FOR FALL:
- The striped sweater shown above that is truly just perfect. It has a boxy, slightly cropped fit (I sized down to a XS) and a great weight to it. I like it with a pair of high waisted jeans and loafers.
- I actually bought this chocolate croc bucket bag way back in summer because I’d been looking for a classic brown bag for ages and this one went on sale. It’s back to full price, but honestly for the quality and timelessness – I think it’s worth it.
- I’ve been thinking about buying this cardigan for TWO YEARS now. And I finally bit the bullet. It’s so luxe in person and because you can wear it frontwards or backwards I really think the styling options will be endless. Thinking of doing an IGTV styling video showing 5 ways to wear it?
- Oppositely, this crewneck sweatshirt (I’m calling the color “pumpkin spice”) was an impulse buy, but it’s already proving to be a fall staple. And it’s on sale for less than $30.
WHAT I’LL BE WEARING FROM MY CLOSET:
- This suede jacket was another higher price point item that I saved up for 4-5 years ago and based on how many times I’ve worn it – the cost per wear is pennies now. It looks effortless thrown on with everything from jeans and a tee to a pretty dress. This year’s version is still a close match.
- These cropped wide leg jeans were a new addition last Fall and I love the way they’re slightly more polished than my regular denim. As an added bonus they serve to nicely show off a cute pair of shoes. This pair from the same brand looks like a very close match.
- A lightweight rain jacket and rain boots always come in handy. I love how this bright yellow one has a sort of classic fisherman feel. And you can’t go wrong with Hunter Boots.
- I reach for this classic leather saddle bag all the time in the fall. It’s big enough to hold all of your essentials plus a book (which for me is actually essential) but doesn’t look bulky. This one is an almost identical match.
- A classic plaid blazer is an absolute staple in my fall wardrobe. I got this maybe 2 years ago and I still wear it on average once a week this time of year. This and this are both similar options.
- This floral midi dress is 2-3 years old at this point but I always find myself excited to wear it again. This could be dressed up with heels or layered with a sweater and boots for the weekend. This option looks to be a very similar version.
- This pink corduroy blazer was an unexpected standout of my fall wardrobe last year. It’s definitely going to be a repeat offender in Zoom calls again this year. The brand is offering a really similar version this season here.
SHOP NEW + PAST SEASON FALL FAVORITES: