We just got back from a quick little escape upstate (I still can’t get over the colors of those trees!) and jumped into a very short/very hectic two day work week before we head off again to the lake house this weekend. This month is turning in to a blur. Before you head out on your own adventures this weekend, here’s a few things on my mind:
- We basically repeated our same trip upstate from last year (travel guide here), except we added in a “sky ride” at Hunter Mountain – where the photos here were taken. I love this feeling of discovering a new place, but this was budget-friendly and didn’t require a lot of planning or stress which was what we needed right now. Do you go back to the same places year after year or always visit new ones?
- On of my goals is to build a better wardrobe of “basics” – like finding the perfect crewneck white t-shirt, fitted cotton layering turtlenecks with a neck that actually stays up and a versatile black sweater – they’re the things I’d reach for everyday and yet never bother to seek out to buy. I’m starting with these turtlenecks.
- All too often I hear women downplaying their success, or just never acknowledging it at all. I loved this article on how 25 famous women felt about winning.
- I kind of love how this once “dated” color is making a comeback in interiors. Put your hand up if you grew up knowing someone who had carpet this color…
- This weather always makes me want to curl up with a big cup of tea and a good book. My favorite mugs are on sale right now and while we’re at it – I’d love to own this copper tea kettle.