Be honest with me – have you finished shopping or have you not even started yet? I fall, embarrassingly, into the latter category. This weekend is my chance to play catch up. And to that end – I thought there were a few errant thoughts that I wanted to share with you all. Happy reading and then happy weekend!
- We went uptown to see all of the holiday storefronts on Fifth Avenue and the Rockefeller Tree last weekend and even with impossible crowds of tourists, it’s still just plain magic. Even more so when you are carrying a thermos of hot toddies. A spiced tea with this recipe will do the trick.
- I’ve been waiting for the return of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel all summer and am trying to slowlyyyy pace myself on the new season. It’s got me thinking about female comics and exactly what it is about them that enamors me so much. Lucille Ball, Tina Fey and Julia Louis-Dreyfus are all sort of personal heroes to me. I think it’s because they cared far less about their looks than making the crowd laugh and pushing back against the status quo. This interview with Julia Louis-Dreyfus only further confirms my fandom.
- If you’re also in the ‘last-minute shoppping’ boat – Anthropologie is having a 30% off sitewide sale. I love their little giftables like candles or cold weather accessories for the ladies in your life.
- I’ve got 5 more days at the office before 11 blissful days off. I plan on finallyyyy getting through my last #SteeleMaidenBookClub stack. Reviews and what’s next on my shelf coming soon!
- Pantone has deigned ‘Living Coral’ as the 2019 Color of the Year. I like this illustrated guide as to how they came to the decision.