How was everyone’s Labor Day weekend? I stayed put in the city and it was a mix of very productive and very lazy – which I think evens out to neutral. Here – a few thoughts before we run full steam ahead into September.
- This month on the blog I’m doing something a little bit different. Each week I’ll be focusing posts around 4 specific topics: Week 1 = Work (office wear, stress-reducing tips…), Week 2 = Fall Fashion (key trends, affordable accessories…), Week 3 = Home (closet and bathroom tours, DIY gallery wall…) and Week 4 = Hair/Beauty (easy date night make-up, hair accessories to try this Fall…). Be sure to check back each week! I’m really excited to share all of what I have planned!
- I’m on the fence about the white boots trend – mainly because New York City streets eat shoes alive and they’ll likely be instantly dirty. But if I do pull the trigger – these would be the pair.
- I loved this blog post from A Cup of Jo about the merits of listening to podcasts. They keep me company on my walks to and from work each day and honestly feel like a phone call with my very helpful, informed friends at this point.
- September is by far one of my favorite months of the year. Last year, we took a quick road trip to Newport, Rhode Island and it was one of my favorite weekends of the entire year. See the travel guide here. I’d love to get back there soon.
- And speaking of the season ahead – I’m making it a goal to check off this list of 18 Classic Fall Movies. My favorites from the list are When Harry Met Sally, Practical Magic, Fantastic Mr. Fox and Goodwill Hunting. Although You’ve Got Mail may win best line with: “Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.”