I noticed a few of my favorite bloggers to follow (Gal Meets Glam and Pretty in the Pines) recently posted round-ups of the items they wore most in 2017. And I thought it was such a great idea as a way to spotlight the things that really ended up being worth every penny (as opposed to more flash in the pan trendy pieces) and also because I often only post items here a time or two but IRL (in real life) wear them constantly.
This year I’m going to try to be better about sharing how I style my most-worn pieces in multiple ways so you can get ideas about how to maximize your own wardrobe. And without further ado – my most worn pieces from 2017. If you’re looking to build a closet of long-lasting classics, I can’t recommend these enough.
**P.S. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom for your chance to win a $500 Nordstrom gift card – and stock up on your own wardrobe staples!
1. Trench Coat: The first trench coat I ever owned was a big investment for me at the time (21 years old) and I wore it for 9 years until it was honestly barely fit to be seen in public. This year I finally replaced it and I absolutely love the classic color and shape of this Lands’ End version. It works almost year round and will never go out of style.
2. Leather Backpack: I ended up carrying this constantly – to work, on weekends, when I travel. It’s the perfect compact size and such good quality.
3. Overalls: When I bought these last winter I worried I’d wear them once or twice. Turns out – I wear them at least a couple of times every month. So comfortable and surprisingly wearable.
4. Suede Sock Booties: These pull-on boots with a wood block heel are so comfortable but still feel really stylish. They work with dresses, jeans.. everything really. I plan on wearing them well into this year.
5. Wide Leg Chinos: Again, I didn’t expect these to get quite as much wear as they did, but I love the high waist and the neutral color. Whether with tiny tank tops in the summer or thin knit turtlenecks in winter they go with basically everything.
6. Leather Satchel: An obvious classic. I needed a good, professional looking bag that was big enough to hold a day’s worth of life supplies (book, lunch, extra lipstick..) and this checks all the boxes.
7. Denim Midi Skirt: Dressier than jeans but just as comfortable, I wore this with suede boots to the office in the Fall and with flat sandals on the weekends in Summer.
8. Cropped Workout Leggings: Honestly the softest leggings I’ve ever worn. I’m slightly ashamed to admit that I’ve deemed them nearly too good to workout in and solely wear them while lounging around the apartment.
9. Leopard Mules: Leopard is a neutral, right? Crazy comfortable I wore these all Spring and Fall and can’t wait to break them out again this year.
10. Suede Jacket: This one I actually eyed up for a long time before I finally bit the bullet and purchased, so I had a good guess that it was going to be something I got a lot of wear out of. The quality and fit is spot on and it’s just heavy enough. Worth every penny.
SHOP ALL OF MY 2017 FAVORITES BELOW:
Hearts of Gold Blog | Simply Classy | Rose Gold Lining | Ruthie Ridley Blog
Coming Up Roses | Well and Worthy Life | Cubicle Chic | SheShe Show | Lizzie in Lace
Kiss Me Darling | by Brittani Lauren | Heart of Chic | The Blue Hydrangeas | Alicia Tenise
To Thine Own Style Be True | Uptown Fashion by Jess | Lauren Mazzei Blog | The Steele Maiden
Lifestyles By Lauren | Life Lutzurious | Kate Loves Makeup | Kelly Towart Blog | Blush and Blooms
Pretty In Pink Megan | Belle by Laurelle | cute & little | Street Style Squad |
L. Avenue | With Love Lily Rose | The-Middle Page
This $500 Nordstrom Gift Card giveaway is brought to you by the amazing bloggers above. Enter by performing the actions below in the Rafflecopter for a chance to win a shopping spree that will kick your 2018 wardrobe into high gear!
Make sure to do the actions in the Rafflecopter before marking they are done! Marking done doesn’t automatically perform the action.
(We do verify entries!)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway runs from Jan 16, 2018 to Jan 30, 2018 (concludes at 12:00 AM on the last day). Open to the US, UK and CAN. Winner will be announced within 10 days of the conclusion of the giveaway and entries will be verified by the hosts. Thanks for participating, I can’t wait for you to go check out these bloggers pages!