We’re headed to the lake house to kick off summer this Memorial Day weekend – and while it doesn’t exactly look like the weather will be good enough to spend it in this bikini (in all its gingham, ruffle, one shoulder glory) that doesn’t mean I can’t still relax on the dock with a good book and a cold drink (this one from last summer is a definite contender). Here – a few more things that are catching my eye as we head into the long weekend:
- If you’ve waited until the weather warms up to start your summer shopping, you’re in luck because there a ton of big sales this weekend. J.Crew is offering 30% off (the sunglasses above included), Anthropologie has 40% off its sale section (this gingham crop top is the most fun thing I’ve picked up for summer yet) and Nordstrom’s Half Yearly Sale should not be missed (this pretty yellow dress would be great for backyard parties).
- This picture from my Pinterest has me dreaming of a summer picnic date. This little basket would be perfect.
- After my big closet clean-out a few weeks back I’ve been really committing to keeping our apartment clean. Mara of M Loves M blog mentioned a trick she uses that I love, called the ‘One Touch Rule’. If you come home and take off your jacket put it right into your closet. If you throw it on the couch you’d have to come back and pick it up.. a second touch. Use a bowl? Wash it right away. Going back to a pile in the sink would be a second touch. Aim for just ‘One Touch’. Kind of a genius way of looking at things, right?
- I’ve picked up a few pairs of fun, affordable statement earrings at Charming Charlie this summer (like this and this pair) and my friends there wanted me to share the love – use my code: VJSJ81WL to save $10 off your $60 purchase.
- I’m not that into Astrology but Colorstrology seriously speaks to me. I have a strong connection to the hue I like to call ‘American Blue’ – a kind of faded worn in blue you find in an early sunset, churning ocean tide, worn in denim jacket, or summer hydrangeas. Hence the photo above. What’s your signature color?
Happy long weekend friends!