On Tuesday I mentioned that I wasn’t ready to pack away my white denim and it looks like same goes for my LWD (little white dresses). If you’re like me and want to find a way to style them for fall – give a trusty denim jacket and grey suede over the knee boots and minimal handbag a try. Consider it a test run for a few of these items before I head into Fashion Week..
SHOP THE STORY
I’ll be wearing these boots again during NYFW (which officially kicks off today.. let the games begin), but couldn’t resist taking them for a spin over the weekend. Another thing that I knew was essential this Fashion Week was a real, grown-up, stylish but mainly functional camera bag. I mean is that too much to ask? I embarrassingly toted that horrid black nylon Canon one (you know the one..) last February and was determined not to do it again. This satchel by Lo & Sons fulfills all my requirements and then some. I toted the camera around in it all weekend and then this week, carried it to the office as a purse. I have received no less than 5 compliments from friends, co-workers and strangers alike in the few days that I’ve been carrying it and not a one of them would have guessed that my Canon DSLR was tucked inside. Here’s to heading into Fashion Week looking like a pro.
P.S. These pictures were taken on one of my favorite streets in all of New York and if you’re in town for NYFW and looking for places to shoot I thought I’d share a few consistently great locations:
- Washington Mews (pictured here) – blocked from traffic and just a few blocks above Washington Square Park
- New York Public Library – head there early to avoid crowds. Bryant Park (situated just behind the Library) is great too!
- Gay Street – picturesque West Village in a narrow winding street
- Gramercy Park – you have to have a key to enter the actual park but the surrounding side streets are just as pretty
- Minetta Street – similar to Gay Street, but with this blue wall
Lo & Sons Claremont Camera Bag c/o | Tobi White Lace Dress c/o | French Connection Denim Jacket c/o | Grey Suede Over the Knee Boots